Monday, October 10, 2011

Free Yourself

This past weekend I had the privilege of participating in a Taekwondo tournament. I was nervous for the performance and competition, but this was something I had dreamed about for a while. This tournament was big, nationals and I was expecting a lot from myself. After waiting for hours while the other participants finished, my division was finally called. I gave it my all, performing my form as I had practiced and then dominating the sparring portion. I surprised myself with my ability to use the skills I have been practicing over the past year to achieve first place in this competition for sparring. My long legs definitely helped, but most of all it was my confidence that got me through. My training finally paid off. I hope that next weekend when I participate in my first marathon I can rely on my training, skills and perseverance to get through it and achieve a personal best performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment