Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Indian Wells 2012

That is one giant racket.
Wow, I can't believe it has been a week since my last post. Trust me, it was for a good reason. What might that be? My husband and I took a trip to Indian Wells, California to watch the BNP Paribas Open, the second largest professional tennis tournament next to the Grand Slams! I love tennis and had been looking forward to this mini vacation for months.
Oversize ball and racket, awesome!
 I enjoy tennis because of the beauty and the fierceness of the sport. There are always great players, amazing shots, upsets and triumphs and this tournament was no exception. Every point I watched was nothing short of exceptional. Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal were as graceful and fierce as ever and it made for some excellent tennis. Federer took home the trophy, as did Azarenka on the women's side and they both played astonishing tennis all week to get themselves to that point. They overcame rain delays, heavy winds and ups and downs to come out victorious, but in the end, it was worth it. Here are just a few shots to let you see how much fun I had. Check out those giant rackets!

 I can't imagine a better way to spend the weekend. I hope to keep coming back for years to come.

A Sunset in Indian Wells
Federer with his Trophy!


Streamers to celebrate victory!
I left the tournament with a fire and drive to practice my tennis shots more and to keep working on my strength and cardio in the gym so I can look as fit and fierce on the court as these professional players did. 

Two happy tennis fans.


Nadal and Lopez winning the doubles trophy.
A fierce Nadal forehand. 

2 comments:

  1. This is sooo cool!! I hope you guys can make this a yearly thing too! How fun!! You two look like such classy sports people!! hehe ;-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl, me too! It was a blast and I loved every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete