Wednesday, September 26, 2012

NTC and NWM Training

Here's my random rant post of the night. I may be jumping around a bit, but I just had too many things to share and couldn't focus on just one!

Training Update
These past few weeks of NWM training have been tough. I have been having a hard time juggling my time and the taper. I don't want to taper too much, but I don't want to run too much either. Since my knee has been acting up I have been focusing more on my speed. I want to really kill my last few track workouts so I can power through those tough moments during my 26.2. 

NTC Milestone
I also finally made it to the 12,000 minute mark on the #NTC app! Woohoo! I really enjoy all the exercises on this app and can truly see a difference in my endurance and flexibility when using this app. My next goal is to get to the 20,000 minute mark! There is a lot of training in my future. 

Move More, Live More
The Nike Women's Marathon just shared this link on Facebook from designedtomove.org. It really got me thinking about the state of our generation. Watch the video and let me know what you think. I want to live those 5 extra years. I think this movie is just more proof that I should think more seriously about becoming a personal trainer. After all, if only one person were to live an extra five years, it would all be worth it. How about you? What are you doing to move?






No comments:

Post a Comment