Monday, December 9, 2013

Holiday Wish List

The Christmas season is upon us and that means it is time to do some gift giving and receiving. I have put together a list of some of my favorite items to give to the runners and fitness guru's in your life. Most of these are on my wish list, or already in my closet, so they are top performers! 

2013 Holiday Wish List

Petzl Tikka R+ Headlamp $59.96 at Amazon.com

Let's face it, in winter it gets dark, early! A lot of time we can't get a run in before the sun goes down, or perhaps we want to run before work. Either way, it is dark outside. The Petzl Tikka R+ Headlamp will make those dark runs safer for you. The bright light will illuminate your path and keep you visible to oncoming motorists, while the rechargeable battery will keep your light going charge after charge. The light auto adjusts to give you brighter light when you need it and to conserve battery power when you don't.  It gets an A+ from me! 

Nike Luxe Running Tights $120 at Nike.com

These running tights have a stretch, dry-FIT fabric with perforations for breathability, without sacrificing warmth. The contain reflective details that provide 360-degree visibility for dark, winter runs. They also feature a back zip pocket to stash necessities and have a drawstring waist for a personalized and snug fit. 

Nike Shield Flash Jacket $350 at Nike.com

I have wanted a flash jacket since they came out a few years ago. I absolutely love the idea and how visible these jackets make you on the road. This updated version is breathable, water resistant and has hand warmers! I love anything with thumbholes and hand warmers and these are amazing! The fabric pulls down over your hands like a glove. Love the idea and if I could have one thing for Christmas, this would be it. Hint, hint! 

Cashmere Teton Tunic $198 at Athleta

If you are looking for post workout warmth this sweater is for you! It is buttery soft and the long length is great with leggings and for us taller ladies. Out of my wish list this is the one item I have and I wish I could wear it everyday. It is my absolute favorite sweater. It's a bit more expensive than your average sweater, but totally worth it! 


These socks are excellent for winter training. I just wore a pair at the California International Marathon Relay in 20 degree weather and my feet stayed warm and dry. The Merino Wool in these socks keeps your feet dry in even the harshest conditions and the padded footbed provides top of the line comfort. They come in three different sizes so they can properly fit everyone's feet. 

Nike Lunarglide+ 5 Shield $125 at Nike.com

I love the Lunarglide line from Nike. I have run three marathons in them and the new, updated version is even better. The shield provides protection from the elements and keeps wind and rain at bay to keep your feet warm, dry and pounding the pavement. It's springy cushioning provides protection while running and gives you a smooth ride. It also features a reflective technology that lights up when automobile lights hit it. 

These are just a few of my favorite things. I'd love to hear what your gift list is! Share with me in the comments below. Happy Gifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment