Thursday, May 10, 2012

Positive Social Media


I have been realizing lately how much social media can affect and influence my daily life. I spend quite a bit of time interacting with friends and acquaintances on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, etc. For me it is a great motivational tool and has put me in touch with a huge base of friends that share the same interests and likes that I do.

Opportunities to meet fitness experts, interact with Nike and other fitness brands, and get motivation are endless. When used correctly social media is an amazing tool to motivate, inspire and educate yourself on the world around you and prepare yourself for your career. It creates a window into the lives of experts in their field that you would not be able to see if social media was not around. I learn new things every day.

Sometimes social media can be distracting or take too much time, but like most things in life you have to take the good with the bad. Overall, I am grateful for the opportunities and knowledge that social media has given to me. I hope I can inspire someone else and reach a larger audience through these outlets. What social media channels are your favorites and who are some great fitness experts that you follow? I'd love to hear from you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment