Tuesday, September 3, 2013

My First Triathlon is Only A Month Away!

I have been traveling so much for the last few weeks that my posting has been sporadic. I just realized that the See Jane Run Triathlon is only a month away! The triathlon takes place at Shadow Cliffs Park in Pleasanton, CA on October 5th. This will be my first triathlon and I am very nervous! I'll be the first to admit that my training has not been what I had hoped it would be. I just need to work hard and focus the next few weeks. I'm not too worried about the swimming, but the bike portion is a bit intimidating since I will only have a cruiser bike! I may need to look into a more competition worthy road bike after this race, especially if I plan to get more into triathlons. 


I absolutely loved the See Jane Run half marathon I did earlier this summer in Alameda, CA. The ladies at See Jane Run really know how to put on a race and make us ladies happy! Chocolate and a sweet finisher's medal can't be beat! I know the triathlon will be another empowering race with very spirited and supportive women cheering me along the way! Here are the race details (there is a duathlon too):
The See Jane Run Women's Triathlon and Duathlon. It’s a race. It’s a milestone. It’s a moment of triumph. And it’s got camaraderie and girl fun written all over it. Beginners encouraged so grab your mother, sister, daughter, girlfriends and join the celebration. 
The start, finish and transitions areas are in the very charming Shadow Cliffs Regional Park. For the triathletes, the 400 yards swim portion happens in the main lake with temperatures around 70 degrees. Then it’s off to bike 11 miles in the beautiful surrounding areas of Pleasanton, and wrapping up the race with a 3 mile run. Cross the finish line and celebrate with your friends and family. For the Duathletes we will start with a gorgeous trail run through Shadow Cliffs Park. Followed by a scenic ride around Pleasanton and then back on the trails for another 2M run.
I've had nothing but positive experiences with See Jane Run races and would love to have you join me! As an ambassador, I have a special code to share with you to receive a discount on your race registration fees! To receive 10% off of your registration for the See Jane Run Triathlon just enter this code at checkout: AMBTRI.  I hope I see you at the triathlon!

Want to see more about what See Jane Run is all about? Check out this video on how their races empower women!



Have you raced in a triathlon before? Any tips for a beginner like me? I'd love any advice I can get from triathlon veterans!

1 comment:

  1. don't worry, you are going to do great! Just go out there and have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete