Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My Visit to Nike!

This past weekend I had the chance to visit Nike World Headquarters! I was so excited to be able to visit and take my first ever Live NTC class from Marie Purvis! I flew in to Portland the night before around midnight and stayed with one of my friends who lives near Nike. Then I woke up bright and early and met at Nike's Bo Jackson Sports and Wellness Center to train with NTC. It was still dark at 6:15 in the morning but probably 50+ Nike Employees lined up on the soccer field to get their sweat on to start their day. I felt so privileged to be a part of this experience. It was such a kick butt workout. It was a nice change up from the App and I really enjoyed the live element and camaraderie of the other students. Below are a few pictures from my visit!

The Bo Jackson Sports and Wellness Center! Good times were had here.

A street named "Nike World Campus." Could there be a better street name?

The darkness before my NTC class and the lights shining from the Bo Jackson building.

Sunrise over Lake Nike!

 The field where live NTC was held.

I challenge you to a race!

 No doubt in my mind that this is the best track ever. Surrounded by trees both outside the track and in the middle. This is a bit of a Nike oasis!

 My fortune a dinner this weekend. Hopefully this means great things for my goal of becoming a trainer and eventually working at Nike, the happiest place on earth!

Happy training, wherever you may be doing it!

5 comments:

  1. how amazing!! I think that sounds like an ideal visit and a fantastic goal. I would love to take a live NTC class. Did you use weights or do body weight exercises? were exercises timed like the app?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so fun! We used weights and it was timed just like the app. We did sprints up and down the field too. It had a familiar feel to the app, but was a bit different. I loved it! We did some Tabata training and lots of squats, presses and mountain climbers!

      Delete
  2. ahhhhhh I miss it there soooo badly!!! I can almost smell the crisp air in your photos. Loved this post, I'm so glad you got to visit!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was soooo fun! I just loved it. Someday I will work there, it's on my 5 year plan. Lol, we'll see where that gets me. It never hurts to dream!

      Delete
  3. LUCKY YOU!!
    Nice recap & pictures. I have no doubt you'll achieve your goal Karen:)

    ReplyDelete