Saturday, February 2, 2013

Vegan Treats!

This weekend I had the chance to make these delicious, protein packed, vegan quinoa muffins! I have been experimenting with some vegan options this week and I have to say that so far, it has been a great change. I altered some of the ingredients in this recipe to make it my own and I'd love to share it with you. These muffins are so tasty!


Ingredients:

1 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup quinoa flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup cooked quinoa
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup apple sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 to 2 cups blueberries

Directions: 
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin baking cups.

2.  In medium bowl, mix together dry ingredients, cornmeal, quinoa flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl mix together remaining ingredients, cooked quinoa, maple syrup, almond milk, apple sauce, lemon juice and oil. 

3. Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir until combined. Fold in blueberries. Spoon batter into prepared tins and bake for 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Remove muffins from pan and cool. 

Enjoy! 



Let me know if you end up giving these muffins a try. Do you have any healthy recipes to share, I'd love to give them a try! Share in the comments below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment