Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Challenge Yourself!

I need challenges in my life to make me stronger, to continue learning, and to help me realize my potential. One of my recent challenges was signing up for a Taekwondo class at the local studio. I have always been interested in martial arts, but never had the guts to try. After recently moving to California I decided now was as good of a time as any. I did some research, found a studio and signed up for my first class. The girls in this class were intimidating. They were fierce and fiery when sparring, but at the same time good friends with everyone, laughing and enjoying themselves. After that first class I knew I wanted more. The first few classes were very challenging and I questioned my decision to stay. But now, a year later and halfway to my black belt I couldn't imagine a better fitness activity. My strength, flexibility, and memorization skills have gotten so much better. I even have a gold medal, silver medal and a trophy from tournaments I have participated in. I just love this sport! What activity have you always wanted to try but never had the courage to start? I challenge you to take a risk, the rewards will astound you.

No comments:

Post a Comment