Sunday, October 23, 2011

Calm after the Storm

It's been a week since the completion of my marathon. As I got out of bed this morning I rejoiced as my body had finally recovered from the strain of 26.2 miles of running. The kitchen chairs which were once my nemesis now have become my refuge and the ibuprofen has finally found it's way back to the shelf. I will resume cross training monday and know my body will be thanking me for the much needed yoga and stretching workout I will do to regain my flexibility.

I have been rejoicing in my success and now feel inspired to begin training for another marathon. Perhaps someday I will be able to qualify for Boston. The training will be intense, but after achieving so much this year athletically I know that anything is possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment