Monday, October 31, 2011

Core Power

Fear often stops me from trying new things, but lately I have been pushing myself out of my comfort zone in the realm of fitness. I just recently joined a new gym and tried out my first class tonight. I was a bit timid at first, especially when everyone else seemed to know each other, but as I warmed up to the class I began to thoroughly enjoy myself. I felt energized and amped to be learning new moves and lifting weights in ways more challenging than usual.

For 60 minutes I was free to just follow along and be the new kid. Tomorrow I will be hitting the mat with a yoga class and then friday I have a tennis evaluation and will be joining a league soon. I have never felt better and more energized than I do now and I know that each time I try something new I will grow into a stronger and better person.

What are you doing to try new things. Get yourself out of your comfort zone and try new things, you will be so glad you did.