Sunday, July 1, 2012

Preparation Breeds Success


Marathon training officially begins tomorrow. I have a 4 mile run in the morning and then I will have officially begun the journey. Today was spent in a frantic flurry of wrapping up final details. I had no idea how much I had on my list today. This is everything that I felt was important to finish before training began so I would have no distractions or excuses. 
  • I finished my "Marathon Bible," a collection of recipes, meal plans, workouts and my training schedule so I never have an excuse not to go on my run or eat a healthy meal or snack. 
  • Created a training plan for one of my friends to complete their fastest 12k
  • I washed 5 loads of laundry
  • Went shopping for healthy, vegan food
  • Weight lifted
  • Cleaned my apartment from top to bottom
  • Packed my workout bags (yes, that is plural, I have an insane amount of things I take with me to the gym)
  • Baked a berry crisp 
  • And treated myself to a new pair of jeans


I now have no excuse to fail and everything prepared for this week. Right now I am prepared to push forward and am excited to begin. I know there will be ups and downs but I am ready. I have been gearing myself up for this day for the last few weeks. None of the excitement at being chosen to train with Nike Women has worn off yet and I am even more excited to see what the next few months bring. I am officially living my dream. Watching the Olympic Trials for Track at Hayward Field in Eugene, Oregon this weekend just spurred on my desire to compete and train. 

Stay tuned for my race training updates! 

No comments:

Post a Comment