Thursday, June 28, 2012

Almond and Quinoa Bars


A photo of the power bars I made last night. Yum!

I recently stumbled upon this great recipe for Almond and Quinoa Bars. As I usually do, I altered the ingredients to make them my own. These bars are perfect pre or post workout snacks and are packed with protein, carbs and healthy fat to keep your energy high and muscles fueled. I got a request on Twitter to share the recipe so here it is. Enjoy!

Almond and Quinoa Bars

2 Cups Rolled Oats
1/2 Cup Unsweetened Coconut
1/2 Cup Quinoa Flour
1 Cup Nuts (Almond, Pecan, Walnut)
1/2 Cup Seed (Chia and Flax)
1/2 Cup Almond Butter
1 Cup Peanut Better
1 Cup Honey
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract

Optional: Chocolate chips  (I put chocolate chips in about a quarter of the batch so I can have these bars when I have a bit of a sweet tooth).

Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees.

Mix dry ingredients together in one bowl and mix wet ingredients (Almond Butter, Peanut Butter, Honey,Vanilla) together in a microwave safe bowl. 

Microwave wet ingredients together for one minute.

Combine wet and dry ingredients.

Spread the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes. Or you can leave the bars in the refrigerator to set. 

Cut into bars and enjoy!

Do you have any recipes you rely on to keep you fueled? I'd love to hear about them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment