Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Running Life


Running is about more than just the act of running. It is something that lives inside of you. Something that only you can do and understand. Running means different things to different people. For some it is for fitness, for others a way to decompress or clear the mind, and for the most elite athletes it can be a glorious and heartbreaking career.

For me, running is a way that I keep fit, relax after work and just recently the way that I connect with Nike Women and other Nike Training Club and Nike+ Superusers. It is how I push myself and learn to set goals, make a plan and succeed in all areas of my life. Running has created an outlet for me to release stress and learn more about myself and my strengths than any other exercise has done. It has shown me the importance of training, goal setting and NEVER, ever giving up.

Over the next few months I will be chronicling my training and running journey for the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco. You will be able to experience my triumphs and failures with me and hopefully we will all learn more about ourselves with each step we take. Let the journey begin.



1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read your view of our amazing journey.

    ReplyDelete