Sunday, December 23, 2012

Merry Fitmas!

Vacation could not have come soon enough. I am so glad to have arrived in Oregon on Thursday night. After a brief delay at the airport, we arrived in Oregon ready for fun. And the fun started from day one. On Friday I went for an early afternoon jog, all dressed in my hyperwarm Nike gear, and it was great. I stayed warm and dry in the cold, wind and damp weather. Following that jog I went out for some much needed holiday shopping. 



I had barely stopped at one store when I headed to the mall. After stopping at a stop light in my dad's borrowed truck, the vehicle just turned off. It would not start back up. After searching for the flashers for quite some time I decided to just start pushing. I pushed the truck down the street and then tried to get it to turn into the mall parking lot. After pushing and pushing with no success, some guys came to help. Thank you! We got the truck out of the way of the holiday shopping madness and towed it home. Still not sure what happened, but it may be a bad fuel pump. After some comfort food at Taco Time and a smoothie at Orange Julius I was ready for an evening at home.

Saturday I began the day with a killer 45 minute NTC workout by Jeanette Jenkins. It was the best way to start off my day. In the afternoon we had a pre-Christmas dinner with my grandparents and they went out for some shopping at the outlet mall. The Woodburn Oregon outlets have the BEST Nike outlet store and I found the coolest Nike boots, I wanted everything, but my hubby kept me in check. I might have to stop back by on my way to the airport next Thursday, just to say goodbye!



Tomorrow is Christmas Eve and our family just arrived in Sun River, Oregon for a fun Christmas adventure! I have been looking forward to this trip for months and it is finally here. It also just happens to be the same place where Nike founders often come to relax and plan their future endeavors! Many famous Nike moments were probably created here. Tomorrow we will be off to Mt. Bachelor to shred some hills on our snowboards. I finally get to try out my new boots, I got them two years ago and haven't been boarding since. It's time to break them in and tomorrow looks like it will be a great day.

I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings! I'm loving this white Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment