Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Training for 2013

2013 is my year for racing. I will be racing all different distances. I will be running anything from the 5k distance, to 13.1 and 26.2 and I will also be doing my first triathlon in September at the Women's Triathlon Festival in Sacramento. Some training plans that I have found effective for running events are the Nike Running Race Coach plans for 5k, 10k, half-marathon and marathon distances. You can check them out on the Nike Running Facebook page.

The great thing about Nike Running's race training plans is that you can choose your plan based on distance and your goal. Whether you are a beginner, want to get a PR or want to lead the pack, there is a plan for everyone. You can download a pdf or add the plan directly from their page to your calendar, that way you never have an excuse to skip your workout. I did a personalized training plan from Marie Purvis last year and I loved it. I got my first marathon PR and the plan was great for keeping me on track, constantly improving and injury free.


This year my number one goal is to conquer the marathon in under 4 hours. To achieve this I will need to stay focused and stick with my training plan. I will rely on my training partners in town, my running club, and most importantly my #SistersInNike Crew for support. Since triathlon is completely new for me, I will be searching for training tips and sharing with you what does and doesn't work for me. Do you have any tips for training? Let me know what they are, I'd love to learn from you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment