Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Yes, I'm Obsessed with Nike, I Admit It


I can't think of anything that I would rather be doing on my birthday then running the Nike Women's  Half-Marathon in Washington DC! Seriously, I want to run this race so badly. So yes, that is a poem I wrote about my obsession with Nike and my desire to run this race, and all Nike races in the future! Why do I want to run this race? Here are my top 10 reasons to run DC:

10. I have never been to Washington DC and can't think of a better way to experience it.

9. Nike races are my favorite events and the atmosphere is amazing.

8. Tiffany's Necklace (yes, I love the two I have from SF and I want more!)

7. My desire to do a year of blog posts on my Nike race experiences (Yes, more Nike posts, I'm excited to share them with you).

6. To get a PR and sub 1:45 hour half-marathon

5. Experience Nike around the US.

4. I'm addicted to running and training and I always seem to train better for Nike races.

3. To meet more amazing women on race weekend and make new #SistersInNike

2. To meet the girls of the Nike Sportswear SF and Runway Crew

1. This race is on my birthday and there is no better present!

So yes, I know it's bordering on obsessive, but this event looks amazing and I want to be a part of it in the worst way. I was not accepted into the lottery with my wonderful team of ladies, but I refuse to give up and am hoping that I can run this race. I will find a way. Training for this race starts now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment