Monday, March 25, 2013

The Four Why's


This is my post of why's. Why Twitter is the bomb, why I love Athleta, why I love Nike and why you should come get Pretty Muddy with me!

Some people are scared of social media. Some people don't see the value in it. Why do you want everyone knowing what you are doing all the time I am often asked. It's not about what I'm doing, Twitter is about communication, about branding, about reaching out to others with similar interests and learning from them. It's about building relationships and using it for good. Are there spammers? Sure. Can it be dangerous? Absolutely. But anything can become dangerous, the important thing is to be careful of what you share, but still be open and honest with your followers. I'm not going to give out my personal address for everyone to see via a tweet, but I will communicate with others about my likes, dislikes, success and failures. It is a quick and honest form of communication and I have been able to build and cultivate numerous relationships by using this medium.

From my interactions on Twitter I have been able to meet new friends, partner with brands, promote my blog, learn new running and training ideas and win prizes. Twitter has been a place where I can go for encouragement on a bad day, or that extra push when I need to get out the door to go for a run. It's great fun and if you don't already have an online presence, I would suggest giving Twitter a test drive and then let me know what you think!


As for my love of Athleta, last night was my sponsored athlete party. I love representing the Roseville store and have really enjoyed all the relationships I have formed with the staff, Run Club girls and new friends I have met along the way. I really enjoyed the support last night, and had a blast shopping, eating and trying on some great athletic wear with my friends and supporters! Thank you to everyone who came out to enjoy the event with me. I'm looking forward to seeing you all again soon!

Nike, what can I say, I love running in your kicks! The new Flyknit sneakers I tried are amazing and super lightweight, they really helped me fly during the Shamrock'n Half Marathon! I can't wait to design my own pair of Free's on NIKEiD and represent in my next race! The pop of color on all my shoes really adds spring in my step.

As for my upcoming race with the Pretty Muddy Women's Mud Run, I am super excited to join together with women around the area and get a little dirty! This will be my first mud race and I can't wait to do it. Join me and my team "Sweat Pink" at 9am on June 29, 2013 in Granite Park. I'd love to see you there, it will be a fun time with friends, mud, obstacles and a rockin' race finish!

~Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment