Friday, March 22, 2013

Reason to Run

I love to run for many reasons. One of the main reasons is that running makes me feel alive. On a good run, I feel like I can conquer the world. Even on a bad run, I feel so in tune with my life and the feeling of being truly alive, that I forget about the pounding of my feet or my sore calves and just live in the moment. It's those moments of struggle that have really taught me the power of running. Running is more than just a sport, the benefits carry over in all parts of our lives. 

I have found that the most disciplined runners also excel in work and relationships. These runners have found a way to live life to it's fullest and to tough it out through the good and the bad times. Things in my life seem less stressful since I became a daily runner and started pushing my body's limits. There is something that just feels right about taking to the streets with only yourself to compete with day in and day out. 

 Me on a run in the park - sporting my Athleta gear! #PowerToTheShe

I love racing and already have a few races planned for the coming months. Racing in itself is not where I learned how to push my body to it's limits. I learned how to push through the pain on my long runs, by myself, with no one to answer to but the voice in my head. Running brings out the best of me. It has taught me discipline, how to pace myself, given me confidence in all areas of my life and pushed me to do things I never thought possible. I have made new friends both in town and around the world, had the chance to work with brands that I love and admire, have built a strong network of like-minded individuals that I trust and I have seen many new places.

Watching the Sunset on the Bay in San Francisco.

Running for me is a lifestyle and a mindset. It's not always easy to lace up my shoes, or run when it's rainy, wet and cold outside, but I still do it. I run not because of what I feel that I can give to running, but because of what I know running can give to me. What has running given to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment