Sunday, May 5, 2013

I'm a See Jane Run Race Ambassador!

I applied a while back to be a See Jane Run race ambassador. This last week I received an email that I had been chosen to represent them throughout the year and in an upcoming race. I am really excited to share my journey here with you. Having just completed a half marathon last weekend at the Nike Women's Half Marathon in Washington, DC, I am setting new goals for this race in just a little over a month.

First, I need to tell you what makes me a "Jane." A Jane is someone who has a spark inside them pushing them to challenge themselves, someone who isn't afraid to take chances, to work hard and to look a little silly sometimes. There is no cookie cutter design for a Jane, they are each unique. I love motivating others and pushing myself, I love indulging in chocolate and laughing with friends. I'd rather be in running shoes than high heels but sometimes I do feel the need to dress up. I am a goal setter and a dreamer. I am a runner. I am a Jane.


On June 8, 2013 in Alameda, CA I will run the See Jane Run Half Marathon. I am so excited for this race because it is a race where I will run with strong and empowering women, enjoy a sweet finish with chocolate, and because it is an opportunity to set and reach new goals in running. My new time goal is 1:50. This would be a three and a half minute PR off of my previous fastest half marathon time. I know I can do this, I just need to really focus on my training, nutrition and sleep over the next month. If chocolate isn't a great motivator to run a little faster to the finish then I don't know what is!


My number one pitfall to racing is probably diet. I need to focus more on getting balanced nutrition and eating the recommended number of vegetables every day. When I focus on my diet and watch what I am eating I feel better, am more alert and have more energy. Sometimes I get lazy and take the easy way out. This next month I am extremely motivated to train hard and run a fun, fast race. I want to reach my goal time and have fun while doing it. The See Jane Run half marathon is the perfect place to set my goals high and crush them!

One unique feature of this event is the new See Jane Run race app you can get for Apple iPhone or Android. This app has important race information and allows family and friends to track your race. If you are doing this race, and I can really think of no reason not too, then you will want to get this app!

Stay tuned this month and follow my half marathon journey. Have you run a See Jane Run race before? Would you be interested in running one sometime? Let me know in the comments below!

~Karen

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on becoming an ambassador. I haven't run one of their events before, but chocolate and champagne sound great after crossing a finish line. Good luck with your training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I'm excited to run my first race with them. They sound so fun! I'll be sure to do a race review when I have finished!

    ReplyDelete