Sunday, May 19, 2013

Race Discounts and My Weekend at the Lake

This last week has been very busy. I have spent a lot of time working, traveling and running. Here are a few highlights of my week and a few special discount codes you can use to get deals on great athletic gear and race entry fees! 

Last week I just happened to turn the TV on and saw The Ellen Show was giving out $200 gift cards to the Athleta store to everyone in the audience. They also got a Blendtec mixer and some other awesome gifts, lucky ladies! Since I absolutely love my local Athleta store, I thought I would share that through the end of today you can get a 20% discount on all sale gear. They have some cute stuff too! All you need to do is enter the code: BRIGHT20 at checkout. Hurry on over, you don't want to miss out!


Are race fees getting a bit too much for you? I have a deal to share with you! I am running the See Jane Run Half Marathon in Alameda on June 8th and I would love to see you there! Not quite ready for a half marathon, then come do the 5k race! You don't want to miss this event since it is a race empowering women and offering chocolate, massages and champagne at the finish! There is a pretty sweet goody bag as well. If you want to join me and are near the Bay area sign up online and enter the code: SJRSFAMB13 for a 10% discount on your race fee! I hope to see you there!


This weekend I spent an amazing time exploring Tahoe. I went with a group of friends to celebrate a bachelorette party and 30th birthday for one of my close running friends and racing partner. We rented a cabin in the woods Friday-Sunday and had a blast making birthday treats, hiking, exploring and playing games. I definitely over-indulged on sweet treats and really need to up my running this week to balance that out. The views on our hike were absolutely gorgeous! I would love to stay here longer and really explore the area. I am never at Tahoe long enough!



We made sack lunches and enjoyed them by one of the lakes we hiked too. Those sandwiches tasted so good! There is something about hiking that just makes food taste amazing! It was a bit chilly at the top of our hike and there was still some snowpack by the lake. We decided against kayaking because of the freezing cold water. Now I have a reason to come back when it's warmer this summer!


How was your weekend? I hope you got outside and did some exploring! I know there were a lot of races this weekend too, I was a little bummed that I couldn't do Bay to Breakers again, but maybe next year!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a beautiful weekend in Tahoe!! I was out there a week ago, and loved seeing the snow still a bit on the mountain tops. Glad you had a nice weekend with girlfriends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was so much fun and nice to see a little snow still.

      Delete