Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Yoga is for Everyone


I am NOT flexible. I never have been and probably never will be able to do the splits, so until about a month ago I never felt like I would make a good yogi. Alas, thank goodness for a moment of inspiration, those super cute yoga mats and the courage to try a new class because now I am hooked!

Yoga is such an amazing workout. I never thought that even at such a rudimentary level such as my own, I would feel the burn. Not to mention how much looser and more relaxed I feel after every class. Yoga truly is a great exercise for anyone, the flexible and the inflexible.

The great thing about yoga is that it is a personal journey that only you can take. It is your journey to center yourself and to work towards achieving your goals. My number one goal is to become more flexible and I think with regular practice I will be able to achieve this.

I started my yoga journey with a yoga dvd, then worked up to the Leah Kim yoga workout on the Nike Training Club app for iphone, and now I have started going to a regular yoga class at my gym. Sometimes it just takes a spark to light a fire and this new yogi is all in! Also, a special thanks to Jenae at YogaEatRun for her yoga blog post that helped push me towards taking a class, and for her ever inspiring attitude!

Are you a yoga fanatic? What inspired you to start? And if you have never tried yoga before I dare you to sign up for a class. You won't regret it.


1 comment:

  1. "The great thing about yoga is that it is a personal journey that only you can take." - Omgosh girl, WELL SAID!!! I LOVE that you're so excited about your yoga class, I know exactly how you feel!! There's nothing else like it! :D And thanks for the shout out, you made my night girly!! :D xoxox!!

    ReplyDelete