Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Relax and Appreciate the Beauty

Everyday is filled with hundreds of decisions. From what you will eat to how you will present a project to your boss at work. My days are often so hectic I barely have one moment to myself. I often miss the beauty around me.

When I was young I lived in Oregon. Everyone who came and visited told me how beautiful and green the state was, but I didn't see it. I took it for granted because I lived there and it just became something I expected to be there. When I moved to California I missed the green trees and fresh pine smells. I finally realized what every visitor meant. The beauty of Oregon is unmatched. Now when I go back to visit my family I appreciate my surroundings.

What are you taking for granted in your life. Do you see beautiful sunsets everyday? Do you live by the ocean? Take a moment to appreciate the small things in life and notice the beauty around you. It can make a world of difference in your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment