Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I Am A Runner



I am a runner.  I have never been anything else. This blood runs deep. I have given the streets my triumphs, beliefs, stresses and fears. I am more than a woman, more than a wife, more than an athlete. I merge fashion, function and style. I run the runway. I work harder, train longer and reach farther everyday. To be better than myself, I compete against myself. I dream bigger than life and work tirelessly to become my dreams. I live in the moment, but train for something better. I dance, dream, love, live, and run. I speak softly and run fiercely. You may say you don’t know me, but I know you.

You are a runner.

You rise before the sun. You smile and wave as I run past. You stutter step while waiting for the light to turn green. Some might say your pants are too tight, shorts are too short or you are too skinny. Jealously hurts. Running heals all wounds. To them you are superhuman. You are a runner. You make the rules. You make your street the playground. You call the shots. You push through the pain. You are my inspiration.

Who are we?

We are your crew. We run faster. We run farther. We run together. We run the elements. We run the night. We run to believe in something bigger. We run to dream. We run to live. We run for now.

We Run Free.

We Run DC.

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully written :) " I run the runway" lol that makes me think of models for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, run the runway sounds a bit like models, but super fit runner models!

      Delete