Thursday, April 4, 2013

Ten Years of Running Bliss


Ten years. A Decade. The difference between 16 and 26. That is how long the Nike Women's Marathon has been happening in San Francisco, CA. This year marks the 10th Anniversary of this amazing race supporting The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and women everywhere. There is no doubt in my mind that this is going to be one race event you don't want to miss. With 25,000 women racing through the streets of San Francisco, this race will be one for the record books!

I ran the last two Nike Women's Marathons and I enjoyed every minute of them. From the weekend long expo to the amazing Nike staff and race day festivities, I have nothing but compliments to shower on the staff and runners of these events. Nike knows how to make an event memorable and this race is no exception. 

2011 Nike Women's Marathon

If you are thinking of running your first marathon or half marathon or if you're looking for a new race to do I would recommend the Nike Women's Marathon. The course is beautiful, although it is a bit hilly, and the atmosphere is electric. 

I plan on meeting back up with girls I met through Nike Women last year and some new friends I have made around the country this year. Brandy, Becca, Elizabeth, Nerissa, Renisha, and Tiara, I can't wait to meet up again and race with you girls. 

 2012 Nike Women's Marathon

I hope to see you all at the 2013 race!

~Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment