Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Volunteering and a Tasty Snack!

In leu of going crazy while waiting to hear back from Nuun Hydration on whether my video has won an entry to run with their team in Hood to Coast, I am putting my thoughts towards my next big race, which just happens to be the Nike Women's Half Marathon DC! It is only18 days away and I am getting more excited as the race gets closer and closer. This is going to be one amazing experience and I am ready to live it up, meet amazing ladies and crush my race goals!

Today I got my confirmation for volunteering for packet pick-up on Friday morning in DC and then I will be volunteering to help with the Somersault Snack Co. booth handing out samples of their amazing sunflower treats! Cinnamon Crunch is my favorite! I first found out about their company at my very first marathon, the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco in 2011. I have since stocked up on their tasty snacks every time I go to Whole Foods. Seriously great energy before and after a workout. It's a power packed, superhero food! Yum! It's always the first thing I eat out of my race goodie bag. 



I love running and I am very excited to give back by volunteering to help these amazing race sponsors. I am also excited to meet Brandy on Friday evening and experience Washington, DC together. I am even more exited to run the race on my birthday with great friends! What races are you looking forward to running? Have you volunteered to help at any events like this? What is your favorite part of volunteering?

7 comments:

  1. SO awesome that you'll be racing on your birthday! I tried some of the somersaults at the Nike Women's SF race -- they were good.

    I'm looking forward to my 100-mile bike ride on May 5th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am so excited to be racing a Nike race on my birthday. A Tiffany's necklace will be my birthday gift! Yes, aren't Somersaults delicious?! Yum. Good luck on your 100-mile bike ride. I still have yet to get a road bike, but those races look fun too!

      Delete
  2. Best of luck with your Nuun application and the upcoming half marathon! Never tried somersaults but it sounds interesting :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Definitely look for Somersaults to try. They are baked sunflower snacks and they are delicious. The Cinnamon Crunch one is so good!

      Delete
    2. Cinnamon Crunch- got it! I'll be on the lookout for them :P

      Delete
  3. I am so jealous you are racing this! I want to do it next year!! I just raced the RNR San Fran 1/2 marathon on my birthday!! It was so much fun!! Good Luck!!
    I love Somersaults!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am so looking forward to it! I was bummed I missed the RNR San Fran Race, looked like a lot of fun too. All my money had to go to DC and travel, lol!

      Delete