Monday, January 20, 2014

More Color = More Fun!

The Color Run is coming back to Sacramento in a big way in 2014! In fact, their whole tour is upgraded with more color, more swag and more fun! This race really is a magical time. I have been able to do the last two races in Sacramento and they have been better each year. I bring new friends and new runners to the sport with The Color Run. It's a fast course and a very easy beginner race.


The Color Run is also known as The Happiest 5k on the Planet! Do you know why? Your only requirement to run the race is to have fun. You can bring your friends, your parents, your kids, your neighbors. There are no restrictions based on time and your one goal is to have a good time. Don't get me wrong, I love competing in races, but sometimes it is nice to just get out there and enjoy my friends company and run through blasts of color together! 


This year The Color Run has branded its tour "The Kaleidoscope Tour." It has amazing new participant gear but still retains it color magic. Want to know what you get with your registration? New t-shirt, headband, wrist band and sling bag! That's a pretty sweet deal! 


Arm candy is big this year and The Color Run has jumped on board. Right now I am wearing my Road ID bracelet, Nike Fuelband and Seahawks bracelet on my wrist. I can't wait to add this bracelet to the mix! Get ready world! 


I'm especially excited about the sling bag because where I live you have to shop with reusable bags and this will be perfect for grocery shopping and spreading my Color Run love after the race. I'm going to get a lot of use out of this bag. Love yoga and gym workouts? It also makes a great bag for carrying your towel and water bottle to class. Plus, you can't lose it because it is such a bright rainbow of color. 


Let's take a look at the t-shirt. The all new design this year is pretty sweet. It is made of super soft fabric and has a tailored fit! Ladies, you know that a tailored fit is important. Even if it's just a t-shirt we still want it to flatter. I've heard it said that it feels like a unicorn hug. Having never hugged a unicorn myself I can't really argue that point now can I. Bring on those unicorn hugs. They sound pretty nice to me. 


2014 is a big year for racing for me and I am making The Color Run a crucial part of it. It will be the fun race I do in between my hunt for PR's and race victories. A perfect race to relax and enjoy the moment. 

Have I convinced you of the fun yet? Or maybe you're coming back for your third or fourth year too? As a special deal for my readers I partnered with The Color Run to offer you a $5 off discount on your race registration. It's not just for the Sacramento race, though I would love for you to come race it with me. This code is good for any race in any city! Score! Register for the race of your choice using this link. The code for $5 off is: COLOR5OFF. Be sure to enter the code at registration as it can't be retro-applied.  


Get ready to make 2014 epic with The Color Run! Cover your phone with a plastic baggie, grab a bandana and get ready to get a little wild! Run, walk, skip or dive your way to the finish. Share the color love with your friends and family and remember to take some sweet photos to commemorate your race day bliss. See you at the race!

No comments:

Post a Comment