Thursday, January 2, 2014

Planning to Stay Injury Free

I was asked over Christmas when my next marathon would be. As of this moment I do not have one planned. The past few years I have had good intentions when it comes to marathons and training and I either get injured or am unable to complete my training because of a past injury. I have learned more about my body and what it is feeling and right now what it needs is some rest from long distance racing. 

This year my plan is to focus on running shorter distance races. I have scheduled a half marathon on April 27 and July 27. My goals for these races are to train without injury and achieve a sub 1:50 PR. I am also planning on running a few 5k races and really pushing myself to run fast at these events. 

A new race for me this year is the San Francisco Half Marathon (and Marathon) on July 27th. I had the privilege of becoming an ambassador for this race and am looking forward to running across the Golden Gate Bridge! If you want to join me - sign up for the event here and enter my ambassador code: DSC10TSFM2014A41 for $10 off registration. I'd love to see you at the race running the bridge with me. 


Training for races can be time consuming and often quite challenging. This year I will be focusing on not skipping planned workouts and seeing how far my training can take me. I am committed to making 2014 my best year for racing yet and staying injury free. 

How are you planning your 2014 race season? What distances and goals are you tackling?

No comments:

Post a Comment