Friday, January 3, 2014

What Would You Do if Fear Was Not an Option?


What would you do if you knew you would not fail or if fear wasn't an option? I know that at least for me, I would be taking a lot more chances! Fear definitely stops me from doing many things that I would otherwise jump into full board.

It's not that I feel I can't do certain things either, many times it's more the fear of what other people will think. There is often a pattern and expectation put on you by your family, friends or even co-workers of what is expected and stepping outside of that box is not easily done without receiving negative judgements. Taking chances isn't the "safe" method.

Being safe is not living. I'm not saying you should go jumping off buildings or driving carelessly, but in our life, careers and goals, playing it safe is rarely how you achieve your dreams or even the big office at work. The people who take chances, step out of their comfort zone and use their talents to change the ordinary are the ones who find their way to the top.

I am not content being safe anymore and this year I plan on taking chances. I'm restless in a good way. I know what I want and now I just need to go about setting a plan to achieve my goals one at a time. I don't have any false belief that it will be an easy road. Nothing worth having usually is. However, last year taught me that even when I stepped out of my comfort zone with the tiniest step - big things began to happen.

Small steps, as long as they are moving forward are often how champions are made. I am fully aware that I can't learn everything I need to know in one night and I will be looking to others that have gone before me and mentors in my life to help me stay on track. 2014 will be all about stepping out into the unknown and making it my own. I will be greater than my fears and doubts and stronger because of it.

If someone questions what I am doing than I will know that I am headed on the right path. I want to disrupt the normal and everyday expectations and create something extraordinary. I plan to work hard in my community and career to become indispensable.  

What would you do if you could not fail?

No comments:

Post a Comment