Thursday, November 3, 2011

Sole Mate

I laced up my shoes to go to work this morning and a rush of thoughts crossed my mind. What if I were lacing up my Nike's? I wish that when I was heading to work I was lacing up Nike shoes instead of my dress shoes. As I continued my pre-work ritual I couldn't shake the thought of my dream to work for Nike someday. Maybe it's because of the new book I have recently been reading titled "Just Do It: The Nike Spirit in the Corporate World"  by Donald Katz. This book gives insight into the company and the culture of Nike, something I hope to one day be a part of. In the words of Phil Knight, the founder of Nike, it's "about much more than a business-a company with soul."

Soul, that is what my daily grind is missing. I find that the best part of my day is after work when I lace up my Nike's and lose myself in training and fitness. When I lose myself in the lifestyle that is Nike. As far as dreams go, mine is pretty big. But hopefully someday I will be able to combine my marketing degree, love of fitness, and passion for Nike. Someday I will work for my Sole-mate....

No comments:

Post a Comment