Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Resting Comfortably

This week has been rough on my training so far. I have been coming down with a cold so I haven't been able to get out there and workout as hard as I would like. Sometimes you just need to relax and lay low for a few days to recover so you can get out there and work harder when you're feeling well. 

So instead I have been reading some books on my kindle, resting and sipping hot tea. Trying to recover as quickly as possible does have a few perks. I now have a little time to read The Hunger Games, which I have heard such great things about. I am hooked on this book already, such a great read! Plus, it's nice to get home before 7:30 at night and just take a moment to breathe. 

I don't plan on laying low for too much longer, but I think it is ok to just take a few days off every now and then, especially when you are sick. It does wonders for the body and for your spirits! What do you do when you're feeling under the weather? 




1 comment:

  1. Karen! I too have a cold that I'm trying to get over :(
    I basically lower my expectations for things I am going to get done in the next couple of days and tell myself it's okay to take a break. A cup of hot tea sweetened with agave nectar, a good movie or book, some chill music in the background, and maybe do a bit of journaling. Makes me wonder why I don't enjoy being sick, actually...

    ReplyDelete