Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Advantage - Local Running Stores


Training and fitness programs are everywhere. Tonight I went to my local Fleet Feet store and checked out their fun run. Today they had a Nike rep at the store demoing new shoes. I tried out a pair and learned about the cushioning and stability of the shoe and the importance of finding the right shoe for my running needs. It was enlightening to talk with an expert in fit and technology. Although I didn't purchase any shoes tonight, it is nice to know that next time I am in the market for a new pair of kicks the experts are right next door.

If you are new to running, or even if you have been doing it for years, it is best to check out your local running stores for an exact fitting. The great thing about small, local running stores is that they cater to you and your needs. They sponsor and train for local races and employ real runners that know what they are talking about. They can answer your questions and they know the right questions to ask to get you into the right shoe and gear for your runs. Plus, my local Fleet Feet store has weekly fun runs, nutrition sessions, and giveaways! Who doesn't love free stuff?

I also picked up a few training cards advertising running and triathlon training programs. I think my next challenge will be a triathlon. I just have to pick a program and set my mind to achieving success. I'm looking forward to next weeks Tuesday night event. 

No comments:

Post a Comment