Thursday, March 22, 2012

Chia Seed Granola Recipe


I've been obsessed with chia seeds lately so I thought I would share a delicious recipe involving these incredibly healthy seeds. Packed with Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids as well as protein and fiber, these little seeds are nutrition powerhouses. I have made it a habit to always add a tablespoon or two of chia seeds and flax seeds to my oatmeal and smoothies. Now I am attempting to add them to other recipes. The following granola recipe is delicious and packed with health benefits from the oats, chi seeds and cinnamon. Let me know what you think and enjoy!
Chia Seed Granola Recipe
Ingredients:

  • 2 c. old fashioned oats
  • 4 tbsp. chia seeds
  • 2 tbsp. shredded coconut
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
  • 4 tbsp. honey
  • 2 tbsp. olive oil

Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 300 degrees and spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
  • Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl and stir.
  • Slowing stir honey and olive oil into oat mixture until oats are well coated.
  • Spread granola onto prepared cookie sheet and bake for approximately 15 minutes, stirring halfway through.
  • Let cool until oats become crunchy and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment