Thursday, March 1, 2012

Nike Training Club and Goals

Fitness goals are always changing for me. I tend to jump from one goal to the next. This last year I conquered my goal of running my first marathon and beginning my Taekwondo journey. I also achieved my goal of reaching all of the current rewards and workouts on my Nike Training Club app. 

Since 2012 began I have been working towards achieving a personal best on my next half marathon, obtaining my personal trainer certification, getting Nike Training Club certified and finally seeing definition in my abs. 

So far it has been a great year. I have been featured on the Nike blog (which is a bit of a dream come true), will be featured in an upcoming issue of Tennis View Magazine, and am working towards achieving my other goals for the year. I have been keeping on track with my nutrition goals and stayed committed to going to the gym at least 5 times a week. 

Working for Nike is my ultimate goal and Nike Master Trainer Marie Purvis is my ultimate inspiration. I hope one day to be able to meet her, let her know how much she has inspired me, and if all my dreams were to come true, to train with her and all the wonderful athletes at Nike. I would also like to train with one of my favorite fellow bloggers, Jenae Frick of Yoga.Eat.Run, who recently got the opportunity to be flown to Nike for a shoot as a Nike Training Club super user. Talk about a dream come true! Way to go Jenae! 

The Nike Training Club workout is popping up all over the country. It can be found on your iphone app, at a local university, Nike stores and at select 24 hour fitness locations. I have completed nearly 7000 minutes of training with the NTC app and can speak for how well it trains the body. I have never felt this fit. The exercises Nike Training Club provides are made to train the whole body and leave you feeling shredded. 

One neat feature of the app that few other training apps or videos can provide is the amount of celebrity athlete workouts. From olympic gold medalist gymnast Shawn Johnson to track superstar Allyson Felix, there is something on this app for everyone. Also included are recipes that help to keep you eating clean. With continual updates and new workouts this app is dynamic and relevant. Check it out today, you won't be disappointed. 

Nike provides an image, a brand, a lifestyle and a heritage unlike any other. To be a part of that is to be a part of something special. My dream is to become a part of that lifestyle and I am working towards that goal every day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment